Course information

Do I need to attend the University?

Study Schools are held in September and January each year but attendance is not compulsory.

Exams for some programmes are held in the UK but you may choose to sit exams overseas.

Do I need to attend induction?

No, you don’t need to attend the University induction.  Registration is done on-line.

What exams are there?

Students are provided with a study pack comprising of a CD and supporting text book for each course and they have access to the University resources including its virtual learning environment, online library, etc. The CD contains the Study Guide which is the main learning tool, the assessments, student handbook, etc. One course has an examination, Environmental Industrial Management, all other courses are assessed by written assignment. The exam is held in the UK but students can make their own local arrangements at their own expense, subject to our approval. The British Council, local colleges and universities are frequently used by students based outside the UK.

Can I sit exams overseas?

Yes, you may choose to sit exams at an overseas venue (for example the British Council) but you’ll need to pay venue hire and invigilation costs.

When do I register?

Online registration and re-registration starts in September.  Check the web for exact dates

When do I need to apply?

There are two intakes per year. The deadline for receipt of applications is normally the end of June for Autumn intake and the end of November for January intake.

Accreditation of Prior Learning

The Accreditation of Prior Learning (APL) is the process through which the university takes into account your current knowledge and compares it with the learning required on the programme you will be studying at the university. This knowledge could be from formal study and qualifications or through experience gained, for example, in a job.

Some of this prior learning could count towards your University of Greenwich award, and you could be exempted from studying one or more courses. It could also contribute to your entry qualifications for a programme where you don't meet the formal requirements.

How does it work?

Higher education qualifications are measured in credits. Students accumulate academic credit at the appropriate level by successfully completing individual courses (normally worth between 10 and 30 credits).

The learning you have done before coming to the university, whether through formal study or through experience, will be evaluated in terms of the number of credits and also the level of study it is equivalent to.

These credits for previous learning may then:

Apply for APL APL FAQs
Back to top